Stage 1 & Stage 2 Tutorials
These tutorials are designed to cover individual topics in a lot of detail. the main topics we cover are: Pathology, Binocular Vision, Visual Fields, Contact Lenses & Dispensing
Online Tutorials – £20 each
In the recent months we have started to offer online tutorials, these have become very popular and so we have decided to include these as part of our core courses. They consist of a speaker and a group of students who register to attend.
- NEW! Visit 1 tutorial: Sunday 11th October 2020: Book now This tutorial consists of an introduction to the pre-reg year along with an interactive journey through the first 10 competencies, including the Opticians act, tear assessment, pupil assessment and risk factors for common ocular diseases
- Sight test tutorial Practical demonstrations on how to conduct a sight test for your Stage 2 assessment along with tips and suggestions on how to tailor your routine.
- Visual fields tutorial An interactive journey through the visual pathway as well as a detailed discussion on how to interpret visual field plots, with specific attention to Humphrey plots. To test your learning, there will be a field defect quiz at the end.
- Binocular vision tutorial This will be a lecture on extraocular muscles and cranial nerve palsies, along with a practical demonstration of some core BV tests
- Dispensing tutorial This will cover common topics such as calculations on BVD, MSU and differential prismatic effect as well paediatric and high prescription dispensing.
- Pathology tutorial part 1 This will be covering management of patients using real life case scenarios of patients that attended practice, including flashes and floaters, papilitis and age related macula degeneration.
- Pathology tutorial part 2 This will cover many other ocular conditions including HSK, HZK, anterior uveitis, angle closure glaucoma, hypertensive retinopathy and vascular occlusions.
- Soft contact lenses tutorial This will cover CLs fit, CLs aftercare and discuss CLs complications and their management.
- RGP contact lenses tutorial This will cover the features and benefits of RGP lenses and materials, RGP selection, lens assessment (in detail, with pictures) and final lens modification.
One to one Tutorials – £35 each
We are offering one to one tutorials on any of the above, you can decide which topic to cover