Stage 1 & Stage 2 Tutorials
These tutorials are designed to cover individual topics in a lot of detail. the main topics we cover are: Pathology, Binocular Vision, Visual Fields, Contact Lenses & Dispensing.
See below for all upcoming tutorials, dates and booking links.
Online group tutorials – from only £20 each
Our bank of tutorials include the below, we will aim to cover all of these during the pre-reg year:
- Visit 1
- Sight test (including practical demonstrations)
- Pathology 1
- Pathology 2
- Systemic disease, medications and the eye (at a discounted rate if on the package)
- Visual fields
- Binocular vision
- Soft contact lenses
- RGP contact lenses
- Stage 2 case scenarios
One to one Tutorials – from £40 each
We are offering one to one tutorials on any of the above, you can decide which topic to cover
We can create and present a bespoke tutorial. The price will depend on the content and the time needed to write this presentation – please contact us for more information
Exclusive pre-reg package
Our exclusive pre-reg package provides great value and covers our range of courses from Stage 1 all the way up to mock OSCEs.
We provide a programme of tutorials for those who started from September 2020 (Programme A) and a re-run for those who start from January 2021 (Programme B).
All upcoming tutorials
- Sight test tutorial: Sunday 25th January at 7.30pm. (Programme A)
- Re-run: May 2021, Date TBC (Programme B)
Practical demonstrations on how to conduct a sight test for your Stage 1 and Stage 2 assessments along with tips and suggestions on how to tailor your routine.
Booking link Programme A: https://events.eventzilla.net/e/sight-test-tutorial-and-demonstration-2138784404
- Visit 1 tutorial: Re-run: Sunday 7th February at 7.30pm (Programme B)
This tutorial consists of an introduction to the pre-reg year along with an interactive journey through the first 12 competencies, including the Opticians act, focimetry, systemic disease and risk factors for common ocular conditions
Booking link Programme B: https://events.eventzilla.net/e/visit-one-tutorial-2138783786
- Visual fields tutorial: Sunday 21st February at 7.30pm (Programme A)
- Re-run: June 2021, Date TBC (Programme B)
An interactive journey through the visual pathway as well as a detailed discussion on how to interpret visual field plots, with specific attention to Humphrey plots. To test your learning, there will be a field defect quiz at the end.
Booking link (Programme A): https://events.eventzilla.net/e/visual-fields-tutorial-2138783781
- RGP contact lenses tutorial: Sunday evening March, date TBC. (Programme A)
- Re-run: July 2021, Date TBC (Programme B)
This will cover the features and benefits of RGP lenses and materials, RGP selection, lens assessment (in detail, with pictures) and final lens modification.
- Pathology tutorial part 1: Re-run: Sunday evening in March 2021, Date TBC (Programme B)
This will be covering management of patients using real life case scenarios of patients that attended practice, including flashes and floaters, papilitis and age related macula degeneration.
- Pathology tutorial part 2: Sunday evening April, date TBC. (Programme A)
- Re-run: August 2021, Date TBC (Programme B)
This will cover many other ocular conditions including HSK, HZK, anterior uveitis, angle closure glaucoma, hypertensive retinopathy and vascular occlusions.
- Soft contact lenses tutorial: Re-run: April 2021, Date TBC (Programme B)
This will cover CLs fit, CLs aftercare and discuss CLs complications and their management.
- Dispensing tutorial: Sunday evening May, date TBC (Programme A)
- Re-run: September 2021, Date TBC (Programme B)
This will cover common topics such as calculations on BVD, MSU and differential prismatic effect as well paediatric and high prescription dispensing.
- Binocular vision tutorial: Sunday evening June, date TBC. (Programme A)
- Re-run: Oct 2021, Date TBC (Programme B)
This will be a lecture on extraocular muscles and cranial nerve palsies, along with a practical demonstration of some core BV tests